Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Retrospective



So, I was just looking through some pics, and thought I would put up some cool pics here that I snapped over the last 6 months in NYC. The first one (above) is of Santa riding the L train. It was a very festive Christmas holiday!


Next we have the shot taken from the roof of one of the hospital buildings, I think it is Fierman, in which John discovers the meaning of the word "ph" in an elevator... It stands for penthouse.

Every city has it's own peculiarities with respect to floors. In Ireland, I was constantly miffed by the fact that the ground floor was not the first floor, and what I thought should be the third was actually the second. Here in New York I have had to grasp a whole new vocabulary... mezzanine, lower level, and Sabbath elevators. I determined that it takes approximately 3 minutes to get to the top of one of the twelve story buildings in my hospital if you get stuck in the Sabbath Elevator.

In any case, one of the perks of New York is the rooftop scenery. New Yorkers love their rooftops! Here is an example of the rooftop at the Met, with art from confiscated sharps at the airline security checks...

I ventured north to Boston and saw some trauma backboards being used for a more relaxing purpose, a parkbench, and quite the ham that I am, had to take a photo op...

While in Boston, there was a competition to carve several thousand pumpkins on the Commons. Apparently there is a competition between towns in Mass. to have the most carved pumpkins. Jack o'Lantern turnout was an estimated 24,000 plus pumpkins! As well as some cool rowing on the Charles!

Thinking back to summer, it feels like just yesterday when I was hanging out on the piers on the Hudson...

And watching the sunset on Fire Island...


I even got to take a trip to California and catch a California sunset! and enjoy good times with the cat, grandmother, and fire...






No comments: